Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beautiful Baguettes

I love bread, I really do. There is something so comforting about eating slice after slice of hot, crusty bread.
Making bread is also comforting, but in a different way. If you are ever feeling down, or, a bit self-concious, bake some bread! I promise, you will come out feeling like a champ. :)

Last night I mixed up the base for some whole wheat baguettes and let it rise overnight. This morning, I woke up and made these beauties...



I found this recipe on Pinterest...

I made this no knead bread recipe with the exception that i used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 bread flour. This recipe makes 4 baguettes (I saved one for later use). 
I topped my 3 baguettes with olives, garlic cloves, and, the last with fresh rosemary, lemon peel, and chopped garlic. Each was topped with olive oil, kosher salt, and cracked black pepper.










Then, I cooked them in a 500 degree oven, on a floured cookie sheet, for 18 minutes (start checking them after 12).

Look how gorgeous these turned out!





The toppings get soft and roasted, so you can easily smear them over the top of your bread. Mmmmm!


You should makes these! You will feel awesome about yourself, your tummy will thank you, and, your housemates will DEFINITELY thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment