Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm baaaack...



After only 10 or so months, I'm back! I decided to occasionally start updating, and hopefully that will cause me to want to update weekly. 
Well, here's the skinny, I've now been married 11 months and 2 days. It is wonderful.






So, let's just jump right in, shall we?

After living in our apartment for almost a year, I am finally TRYING to get our apartment decorated and in order. Instead of having two different lives shoved together, and mismatched (in love), I am trying to turn it into one cohesive home. 

Decorating on a budget can not only be fun, but can also open up your creativity.

Currently I'm making some cheap kitchen art...

I took a few pages with recipes and cute graphics from a thrifted cookbook (I found this one for 25 cents). 



I decided to try to age them a bit. I used the tried and true children's treasure map method. Did you do this as a kid? My mom used to help us make treasures maps stained with tea all the time growing up.




After soaking them a few hours (I put some pages in longer than others to get different hues) I hung them up over the tub to dry. It is helpful if you have a husband who doesn't mind coming home to strange things hanging in the tub. Thankfully, my husband is used to coming home to all kinds of weird, half-finished projects strewn all over our apartment. 


The next step is to modge podge the pages to some wooden plaques I painted.

Gather your materials.


Paint your plaque. 


Tada!


Now stand back and enjoy your handiwork.


Lovely.

Happy weekend, y'all! 






I'm on the linky party at Liz Marie!


No comments:

Post a Comment