Monday, July 22, 2013

New handmade art and thrifty finds...

Hey all,
I'm back with some more artwork I recently completed.


I love this Emily Dickinson poem and wanted something fun for my in-progress gallery wall.

I drew the bird and branch outline, painted the background of my canvas, covered my bird and branch with newspaper, and lightly painted over them.






I folded the paper to give my bird a 3D wing effect.



I'm liking it.


Another easy project was this map art.

I used some of my husband's old sectional charts (he's a pilot) to make this.





Another fun piece to keep things light.

I also hit the thrift store last week and found LOTS of treasures. And it was a half-price day, Double score!



I polished up the brass pieces...

These cute elephants.



This brass candleholder and the pretty bowl (our new key holder).



And I used one set of the china to make this cute succulent planter.



Love it!

That's all I've got today, folks. Have a good one!

-Wendy



I'm on the Liz Marie blog linky party!


No comments:

Post a Comment